This is custom heading element
The areas of planning, zoning and land development in Puerto Rico are a highly regulated, our team has excelled in employing sound legal counsel in order to achieve client’s land use objectives. Many landowners, developers, financial institutions, and local and municipal governments rely on Quiñones, Arbona & Candelario’s Land Use Practice for our commitment to extending creative solutions within a changing environment.
Our team has extensive experience representing both public and private sector clients in highly regulated areas of planning, zoning and land development in Puerto Rico. Our Firms offers full commitment to provide our clients sound legal counsel in order to achieve their land use objectives. On the government side, our team has represented local and municipal governments, with emphasis on land use, zoning, environmental and redevelopment matters from planning, regulatory, financing perspectives, public contracting, eminent domain and public finance.
In the private sector, our representation included commercial, landowners, real estate developers, and financial institutions on a variety of issues before federal, state and local administrative agencies. Among services offered these have included obtaining land use and real estate development approvals, drafting zoning relief ordinances, and negotiating agreements for, and structuring the financing of, improvements needed for development projects and public/private partnerships.
As well, our services offerings include:
- annexation of property
- building and construction codes
- condemnation and regulatory takings
- condominium, cooperatives, and homeowners associations
- contracting for and financing of major capital and public improvements
- federal and state procurement
- historic preservation
- land use entitlements
- public-private ventures and partnerships
- servitudes, easements, licenses and covenants
- tax incentives and credits, including tax increment financing
- telecommunications and right-of-way issues
- transportation management
- urban redevelopment
- zoning codes and comprehensive plans